Animals, my first episode of season one of Zola: Blood Sex & Money, has been nominated for the Radio Academy's ARIA Award. These are the replacement for the Sonys and they are, I guess, the most prestigious radio awards in the UK. The ceremony is in Leeds on 19 October and I probably won't be able to go, which is probably a good thing, since the only other time I didn't turn up to an award ceremony I won something. Not that I'm holding out much hope. I got nominated twice for Sony awards and came away with nothing (despite odds of 3/2).
It's a very strong shortlist...
- Zola: Blood Sex & Money Season 1 - Animals (written by Dan Rebellato, produced by Pauline Harris, sound design Steve Brooke) BBC Radio Drama North for Radio 4
- Cuttin' It (written by Charlene James, produced by Jessica Brown) BBC Radio Drama London for Radio 4
- Lament (written by debbie tucker green, produced by Mary Peate) BBC Radio Drama London for Radio 4
- Merseyside Blitz (written by Frank Cottrell Boyce, Roger McGough, et al.) BBC Radio Merseyside
- The Sky is Wider (by Linda Marshall Griffiths, produced by Nadia Molinari, sound design Steve Brooke) BBC Radio Drama North for Radio 4