I've got various public events coming up which might interest someone or other, so I thought I'd gather them all hear:
- 5 October, 6.00pm: Platform about The Real Thing by Tom Stoppard at the Rose Theatre, Kingston. I'm in conversation with the theatre's executive producer, Jerry Gunn.
- 11 October, 4.00pm: I'm giving a paper at the University of Surrey at its Institute of Performance entitled '"My Mind's a Sponge": Naturalism and the Problem of Authorship.'
- 19 October, 6.00: I'm interviewing David Eldridge and Polly Findlay about David's new play, directed by Polly, Beginning at the National's Dorfman Theatre. Tickets here.
- 28 October, 5.00pm: 'Talk Show' is a post-show discussion series at the Royal Lyceum, Edinburgh, and I'm joining the panel to discuss their revival of Bridget Boland's Cockpit. Tickets here.
- 31 October, 6.00pm: James Graham and I are discussing 'Writing Politics for the Stage' at the Bloomsbury Institute. Tickets here.
- 27 November, 6.30pm: We're launching a Centre for Contemporary British Theatre at Royal Holloway, and as part of the launch event, I will be in conversation with Vicky Featherstone, artistic director of the Royal Court, and first artistic director of the National Theatre of Scotland. Tickets here.
- 7 February 7.30pm: I'm giving a talk to the Society for Theatre Research: 'The Curtain Will Remain Up: Naturalist Theatre & The Problem of Pornography' at the Swedenborg Hall. More information here.
and since the National Theatre's new season has been announced, I can also say that, coinciding with the revival of Ackland's Absolute Hell, I'm chairing this:
- 15 May 2018, 2-5pm, I'm hosting Absolute Hell - British Theatre after the Blitz, a study-day at the Cottesloe Room, next to the National's Dorfman Theatre, talking about Ackland but also British theatre during and after the second world war.
If anything else comes up before the end of the calendar year, I'll add it here.